As Thoreau put it so well, “Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.”
It’s easy and often very tempting to muddle through life one day at a time, just getting by, never really unhappy but never truly happy either. That’s the way of the follower, never breaking free, never taking a chance, never reaching personal potential, never living in your authentic nature.
Pushing yourself outwardly and inwardly, now that’s an act of courage. That takes guts and the willingness to want to be all you can be, to not settle for so-so but to be willing to risk the down times to achieve your personal greatness.
You have it in you to get to your own you truth – that good stuff inside that is uniquely you, the things that will allow you to not only be thoroughly happy, but also wholly who you came here to be so you leave the world a better place.
The question then becomes, how?
2 You Truth Axioms
- You will never achieve your you truth by trying to take something from the outside to fill a hole on your inside.
- You will never achieve your you truth by ignoring your inner voice and making decisions based on what other people think you should do.
5 Tips for finding your You Truth
- When you make any decision in life ask yourself what decision will help you grow and expand and then choose that one, even if it scares you – in fact, especially if it scares you. Great creativity is like that – it can scare the crap out of you but that’s no reason to stop.
- Practice being yourself. Review what you did today and ask yourself what you would do differently if you were being completely yourself. Challenge yourself to do at least one creative thing every day which comes from your inner being rather than from worrying about what others will think.
- Know how you want to feel first and then do things that help you feel that way – rather than doing things and hoping they will make you feel a certain way.
- Say no. Many a brilliant creativepreneur is sunk by saying yes to too many things which don’t feed their soul and greater truth.
- If you’re not happy, make different choices. You have no one but yourself to blame if you are unhappy. If you want to stay where you are accept it and stop complaining.
We tend to over complicate things in life. Really to be happy the only thing you have to do is change or embrace where you are in life.
It’s not as hard as you think.
Read my book Your Creativity from Ordinary to Extraordinary and in less than an hour you’ll be there.